San Jose Modification Lawyer

At the Law Offices of Nick Cvietkovich, we understand that circumstances can change after a divorce or separation. We offer modification services to help you navigate the legal process and make necessary changes to existing court orders. Whether you need to modify child custody, visitation, child support, or spousal support, our experienced family law attorneys are here to assist you.

Call (408) 844-4016 or fill out our online contact form today to schedule a free consultation.

What is Post-Judgment Modification in California?

In California, post-judgment modifications in divorce matters refer to changes or modifications made to the terms of a divorce judgment or court order after it has been finalized. These modifications can be requested by either party involved in the divorce if they can demonstrate a significant change in circumstances that justifies a modification.

To successfully request a post-judgment modification, the party seeking the change must show a material change in circumstances. This means there has been a significant and ongoing change in the circumstances of one or both parties since the divorce judgment was issued. Examples of material changes can include a job loss, a substantial increase or decrease in income, relocation, or a change in the needs of the child.

Modifying Child Custody and Visitation

When seeking a modification of child custody or visitation arrangements, the requesting party must demonstrate that the proposed change is in the best interests of the child. The court will consider factors such as the child's age, health, education, and the ability of each parent to meet the child's needs.

Modifying Child Support

Child support can be modified if there has been a significant change in the income of either parent or if there has been a substantial change in the needs of the child. The court will typically use the state's child support guidelines to determine the appropriate modification.

Modifying Spousal Support

Spousal support, or alimony, can be modified if there has been a material change in the circumstances of either party, such as a change in income, unemployment, retirement, or cohabitation. The court will consider factors such as the length of the marriage, the supported spouse's needs, and the supporting spouse's ability to pay.

Why Choose Us

With years of experience in family law, we have a deep understanding of the complexities involved in modification cases. Our attorneys are committed to providing personalized attention and dedicated legal representation to each client. When you choose the Law Offices of Nick Cvietkovich, you can expect:

  • Expertise in family law and modifications cases
  • Compassionate and understanding attorneys
  • Strong advocacy for your rights and interests
  • Thorough analysis of your case and tailored legal strategies
  • Clear and honest communication throughout the process

If you are seeking modifications to an existing court order, contact us today to schedule a consultation. Our experienced family law attorneys will guide you through the process and fight for the best possible outcome for you and your family.

Contact the Law Offices of Nick Cvietkovich today at (408) 844-4016 for a free consultation.


“Nick has helped me and my family on multiple occasions, he is incredibly professional and will always look out for your best interest. I highly recommend talking to him and seeing how he can help your case.”


Tell Us Your Story

Let Us Protect Your Family

  • Please enter your first name.
  • Please enter your last name.
  • Please enter your phone number.
    This isn't a valid phone number.
  • Please enter your email address.
    This isn't a valid email address.
  • Please make a selection.
  • Please enter a message.
  • By submitting, you agree to be contacted about your request & other information using automated technology. Message frequency varies. Msg & data rates may apply. Text STOP to cancel. Acceptable Use Policy